TCF - Test de connaissance du français
The TCF is the French language test awarded by the French Ministry of Education:
- TCF assesses a person’s level of French language for general purposes. It is intended for people who are not native French speakers and who, for professional, personal or academic reasons, wish to have their competency in French assessed and certified simply, reliably and quickly.
- The TCF is a standard graded test designed by the CIEP, a language tester and member of ALTE, based on an extremely rigorous method that makes it a valid means of assessing language skills.
- All candidates receive a certificate of results that grades them at one of six levels (from A1 to C2) on the competency scale defined by the Council of Europe (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). This means that it is not possible to fail the TCF.
- Since December 2002, the TCF has been certified in accordance with ISO 9001:2000 standard.
- There is an electronic version of the TCF that candidates can use to take the test on a computer.
No previous diploma is required to sit for TEFaq examination. It is possible to sit for the test several times.
Next session at AfK : On demand. Registration is now open
*Candidates are to arrive at least 30 minutes before the examination start!