The Alliance Française de Karachi is seeking to develop partnerships with sponsors from French and Pakistani corporations, business partners, as well as professional and academic institutions. These strategic partnerships will enable us to build on our existing foundation, and provide modern and high quality resources to students, professionals and people inte-rested in learning about French culture and the French language.
Alliance Francaise : A central location
Alliance française Karachi (Not-for-profit registered institution), established in 1964, is the owner since 1984 of a plot in the Clifton area (Karachi South) on which it has constructed in stages its present building.
Situated in a residential area inhabited by higher income group (Businessmen, industrialists…), Alliance Francaise is near the mains Consulates, businesses, political and cultural institutions of Karachi. Its surroundings are quiet well, guarded and secure.
Its building and lawns are protected against outside intrusion by a perimeter wall.
Its external protection is ensured by the government agencies (Frontier Constabulary). It also has its own security guard and surveillance set-up.
Presently, the Alliance Francaise building comprises the following on its two floors built around the central patio:
- 9 class rooms (3 of them equipped with TBI, later on all class rooms will be equipped as well)
- One reception area (front desk)
- Administrative offices (4 office rooms)
- Office of the Center of Social Sciences of Karachi and Business Support Office of PFBA
- A library and media center
- Teacher’s room
- Exhibition gallery on two floors
- A Conference room (70 seats)
- 4 guest studio (room + bath room)
- A cafeteria (+ kitchen)
- An open air stage
- A book shop The BookTique (sale of books)
- A restaurant (re-opening in March 2015)
- Service rooms (guards quarters, technical rooms)
- Three generators for ensuring electric supply in case of outages (frequent in Clifton area)
A video-surveillance system is scheduled to be installed in 2015.
By virtue of its status, Alliance Francaise is exempted from property tax and benefits from fiscal exoneration. Alliance premises are maintained and guarded by a team of devoted and experienced technical staff.
CONTRIBUTE TO THE TWO SPONSOSHIP PROGRAMS
Make a Donation
Your donation to the Alliance Française de Karachi is important and greatly appreciated. Large or small, each contribution directly helps us to continue to offer strong and exciting programs.
You can decide to make your gift in support of your favorite program, or make an unrestricted donation to aid the Alliance Française de Karachi in its greatest areas of need (see bellow).
The Alliance Française de Karachi is a not-for-profit organization. All contributions to the Alliance Française are made with the understanding that the Alliance Française de Karachi has complete discretion and control over the use of these donations unless otherwise directed by the donor at the time of the donation.
- Expression of Interest for participating in the Sponsorship Program of Alliance Française Karachi
> Download "Concretize your Donation"
For all further information regarding the “Residential Pole” project, please contact:
For all further information regarding "The Current Atelier project", please contact:
- Baptiste Chénin / firstname.lastname@example.org