A LIBRARY IS A GUEST ROOM (Tahar Ben Jelloun)
WELCOME TO THE LIBRARY OF THE ALLIANCE FRANÇAISE
The Library welcomes readers in warm and spacious spaces. 255 m2 of comfortable rooms make it a living place of knowledge and discovery.
A large and silent study room allows you to study in a quiet environment. A rest room is at your disposal for watching TV in French, watching a movie, read the press, browse through our large variety of art books or have a quiet chat. Children of course, haven’t been forgotten: equipment to their size has been planned, along with a wide selection of books that are also suitable for beginners of French language.
In addition, the Library offers each and every one to participate throughout the year in cultural activities: storytelling, exhibitions, meetings and conferences, film screenings…
At the heart of the city, the Library of the Alliance Française, including information technologies, is a portal to the culture of the 21st century.
Information, recreation, education, entertainment are the hallmarks of this cultural institution!
STUDYING AND READING MATERIAL
- Material for learning French, meant to practice and improve your level: textbooks, exercise books, CDs, books, simplified literature..
- A large choice of general literature and essays in French and English to read on site or to borrow
- A large choice of books and material for children and teenagers
- Textbooks for learning French specially designed for children / teenagers
- A large choice of art books
- Comics and mangas
- The daily local press
- DVD: French movies and documentaries to borrow or watch on site (appointment necessary for the latter)
- DVD: Movies dubbed or subtitled in French, to borrow or watch on site (appointment necessary for the latter)
- DVD: Other movies, to borrow only.
- CD Rom about arts and culture, in French, to borrow or watch on site.
- International French-speaking channel TV5 continuously broadcasted (Complete programs visible on the site TV5.org).
- Wi-Fi connection
- 4 connected computers at your disposal, for research and self-learning (list of useful French language sites to be provided soon).
CULTURE AND LEARNING
- A cine-club each Tuesday evening at 8 pm (Conference Hall)
- Workshops, Storytelling and other activities (information available at the front desk)
- The first Monday of each month, a Literary Circle is held.
- A suggestion box where you can leave your suggestions of all kinds.
AND OF COURSE, WELCOME AND INFORMATION FROM HUSSAYN AND ERIC
- Tuesday – Saturday: 9:30 am to 8:30 pm
- Monday: 1:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Sunday: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
SUBSCRIPTION: Card CLUB by AfK
- Members of "Le Club by Alliance française": Rs. 12,000/- (for one year)
The card CLUB by AfK grants you access to :
- the multimedia library and its reading room,
- the cultural activities of Alliance (ciné-club, conferences, artistic events, ...),
- the cafés and garden.
More information : Card Club by AfK
- You must keep your card with you at any time in order to access AfK’s premises.
Photo Credits : Hina Shah